This recipe is for all of my fellow chocoholics. These brownies are rich, dense, and oh so chocolatey thanks to an abundance of melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. While these brownies taste amazing right out of the pan, they’re also incredibly scrumptious in an ice cream sundae or as brownie bites. Enjoy!
When I’m making brownies, I like to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. I usually keep stirring until the batter is slightly glossy or shiny.
Like I said before, these brownies are super yummy in an ice cream sundae. For this particular sundae, I layered brownies with vanilla ice cream, raspberries, whipped cream, and caramel sauce. I definitely heard my sweet tooth break out into the “Hallelujah” chorus when I dove into this dessert.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Melt ¼ cup of the chocolate chips (I do this by putting the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and zapping it for 20 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate is melted). In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the sugar, melted chocolate, and oil for 1-2 minutes at medium-low speed, or until combined. Add the egg, coffee, and vanilla extract. Continue stirring for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add half the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir at a low speed until combined (1-2 minutes). Add the remaining flour and stir until combined. Turn the mixer up to medium-low speed and stir the batter for 2 minutes. Fold in the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- You can also make these brownies without a stand mixer. A spoon and some elbow-grease will do the trick.
For a fun twist, make some brownie bites!